COVID SAFE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
We have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and are committed to keeping you safe.
Your wellbeing continues to be our greatest priority. New policies and procedures have been carefully devised to ensure the wellbeing of our
athletes, staff and Icon community at this time. They have been planned in strict accordance with the NSW Government’s conditions of reopening and we were grateful for all feedback provided by our families in the planning stages.
- 50 people max: Our gym is 800m2, this means we are permitted to have 100 people in the facility. In order to allow us to still run high quality gymnastics classes and maintain social distancing, numbers will be capped at 50 at any one time.
- Class groups: Will be capped at 9 athletes. Kinder Gym will be 6.
- Distancing: We have divided the gym into 8 spaces, the smallest space is 45m2, the biggest space is 120m2. Groups will never have to share a space, often 1 group will be able to use 2 spaces.
- 7 groups max: The maximum number of groups we will ever have in the gym at once is 7. This will be rare and during these instances these groups have lower maximum numbers to keep our maximum number of athletes under 50.
- Staggered start and finish times: Class times have been staggered so that no more than 18 athletes are ever finishing or starting at the same time.
Pick up and Drop Off
- No parents or carers will be permitted in the Gym. A staff member will be at the front door to assist with any questions.
- The carpark will be closed to vehicles for the time being; on street parking only. This is to ensure the safety of our community as there will be greater numbers of people standing in this space.
- Parents/carers must collect athletes from the carpark. No athletes will be permitted to walk down the stairs (exit the carpark) by themselves.
- 15 minutes has been allocated in between all class start and finish times to prevent crowding in and around the Gym.
- A separate entry and exit door will be used.
- Athletes are asked to arrive 5 minutes early for class to allow time for handwashing, etc.
- Athletes must arrive already in their gym gear.
- No bags will be permitted in the gym; just a drink bottle and shoes.
- Your drink bottle must be named and will be put in a clear location to avoid accidental sharing.
- Take all of your belongings with you when you leave, don’t leave anything behind.
- There will be no contact during class; no high 5s, no hugs, no spotting and no stunting.
- Athletes will wash and dry their hands prior to exit. All waste will be disposed of safely.
Athletes on Arrival
- Attendance will be taken prior to entry.
- Temperature will be checked prior to entry.
- A health screen will take place prior to entry. Anyone who is sick or lives with someone sick will be turned away.
- Hands will be washed and dried with paper towel on entry. All waste will be disposed of safely.
- Athletes will be seated 1.5m apart while they wait for their class to begin.
- Prior to walking on the mats, feet and shoes will be sprayed with disinfectant.
- Coaches will be ensuring that all athletes and staff remain 1.5m apart throughout their session.
- Coaches will not be spotting.
- Coaches will create lesson plans that allow athletes to remain separate. They will not congregate to read whiteboards or be given instruction.
- Coaches will ensure minimal equipment to be used. Coaches will ensure it is cleaned after each use.
- All surfaces and equipment will undergo a deep clean before classes commence each day.
- Any equipment used will be cleaned in between athletes’ usage.
- 15-minute gap in between classes will allow for staff to clean high touch areas.
- Temporarily, foam pits will not be used during lessons and mats will be placed on top due to the difficulties involved with cleaning them.
- Wherever possible, all doors will remain open to avoid using door handles.
Chalk & Grips
- We will not be using communal chalk over this time.
- Recreational athletes do not need extra chalk.
- Competitive athletes wishing to use chalk will become responsible for bringing their own.
- Chalk must be brought in an individual container, clearly labelled with the athlete’s name.
- The container must be bought to the Gym and taken home at the end of each session.
- Icon Gymsports will be selling chalk for athletes ($6 per block); however, it is not compulsory to buy through us.
- Grips are not permitted to be left at the Gym at this time. They must be taken home between sessions.
Thankyou to Rosie, Brigitte, Emma, Bonnie, Bella and all the other wonderful coaches……. Thankyou for all the time and effort you put into the gymnasts. You teach them to challenge themselves, try their best and be the very best that they can be at all times. It’s just an amazing and nurturing environment for kids to be a part of.
Loveliest staff, my kids love it! Thank you.
Awesome kindy gym program! …Great coaches, always keeping the kids engaged and happy!
Love this gym……great facilities, great staff, great fun!!!
Fabulous cheerleading classes! Wonderful skills and encouragement. My daughter loves it!
Rosie and the team are amazing. Both my kids love attending Icon!
Highly recommend! Cheerleading at the Snake Pit is world class!
A wonderful gym. Rosie and her team are fantastic with the kids.
Fantastic facility and staff members! Helps encourage all athletes to reach their full potential!
Just wanted to say a biiiiggggggg thank you for making [Anya’s birthdat party] yesterday so supremely fabulous. Anya and the kids had a great time playing all the games and activities you organised. The music, set up, the way you helped the children, it was all great! Thank you so much!! And we look forward to seeing you again soon.
My 11 year old daughter has been attending Icon for 5 years & loves it. She has learnt a lot of skills & improved greatly over the time. She especially enjoys the holiday programs.
Highly recommended!.. Best place for your kids in Hornsby area. So much more than just gymnastics. The staff are great.
My daughter has trained with Icon for many years as a levels gymnast. During this time I have watched her grow, both as a gymnast and a person and am so proud of how far she’s come.
My daughter recently had her birthday party here and it was fantastic, the guests’ parents are still telling me how much fun their child had and it was a very relaxing couple of hours for me! Thanks again!